• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fundraiser @ The Rockgarden

Jump This

Just another minion!
We had started getting deep into the Rockgarden thread so I decided to start a new one.

The July 26th run will be a fundraiser for our fight to save Johnson Valley.
The operators of the Rockgarden have agreed to give us a nice price break (they will charge us $15 per rig) so that from the $25 we will be charging, $10 per rig will go to the cause!

Only Cherokees will be allowed to run, spectators will be allowed but if they do not have a Cherokee, they too will be charged $25. You can take your bone stock Cherokee in, as a matter of fact I encourage you to motivate all the Cherokee owners you know to come on out, even if it is for only to watch.

I want 30 rigs there, are you IN?

Rick

defenitly in, im gonna try to get Frankie to bring his jeep too,,

If you guys want to do a BBQ, you will need to find someone to organize it.
Tony?
As far as a raffle goes, I don't know. There is not much time for me to get prizes and the like. But, once again, if you guys want to do it, find a member to organize it and get the shwag.
We could have at least a 50/50 drawing.

We also have an option on the time of day, we get 8 hours there. Do you all want to start early and be done before the afternoon heat or start later and do some dusk and night running?
Let me know.

Anyway, I'm getting out of the heat for a few days and won't have cell service or internet until Monday.
I'll check back in here later today, I'm leaving around 4pm.

This is not an official NAXJA run.

Rick

Jump This said:
We also have an option on the time of day, we get 8 hours there. Do you all want to start early and be done before the afternoon heat or start later and do some dusk and night running?
Let me know.

I'd be down for something later & into the evening..... the dark always adds another fun element, even to stuff you just did in the daylight.

Jump This said:
The July 26th run will be a fundraiser for our fight to save Johnson Valley.
The operators of the Rockgarden have agreed to give us a nice price break (they will charge us $15 per rig) so that from the $25 we will be charging, $10 per rig will go to the cause!

Great idea Rick... looks like you're already starting to prove your worth to the cause!

hellbilly04 said:
X2 night runs rule!

Que? IIRC the July Rockgarden run is NOT a night run. That was last week.

The owner WAS asking us on the other post what time block of 8 hours we would like. We should probably figure that out. :D

I would say like 2pm-10pm would work for most... then u can still have close to a night run

mikedashg said:
Que? IIRC the July Rockgarden run is NOT a night run. That was last week.

The owner WAS asking us on the other post what time block of 8 hours we would like. We should probably figure that out. :D

The run can be any 8 hour time frame we want.
So far we are leaning toward an afternoon-night run.

WraithKWK said:
I would say like 2pm-10pm would work for most... then u can still have close to a night run

I like the sound of that.

We would have about 5 1/2 - 6 hours of daylight & then a little night time to spice things up.

Back