• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Speedo no problem? 87 XJ

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
just wondering if not having a speedo will effect how she runs. my tcase blew up and took everything with it. thanks

(did search =])

Is it auto and do you have Cruise? The vehicle speed sensor provides input to these.

The 87 uses a mechanical takeoff cable operated speedometer. Your only problem is guessing how fast you passed the officer. He will, no doubt, give you pertinent feedback on a documented form.

TiRod said:
The 87 uses a mechanical takeoff cable operated speedometer. Your only problem is guessing how fast you passed the officer. He will, no doubt, give you pertinent feedback on a documented form.

The speedo is cable operated but there is a speed control "coupler" that signals the AW4 and CC. It's up under the dash.

wtf comanch?

it seems to still shift correctly at the right speeds. i do have cruise control but i dont use it.
cops already follow me because i don't have my flares on =P.
hopefully it doesnt start trying to shift while im crawling.

Saudade said:
The speedo is cable operated but there is a speed control "coupler" that signals the AW4 and CC. It's up under the dash.

The AW4 has it's own output speed sensor. It can't really use the one in the xfer case, or it would really get confused when you put it in 4-lo.

Back