• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The most bizarre Jeep problem I've ever seen.

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Now I've had Jeeps for ten years now. I've had a lot of little problems (and a few big ones) over the years, a few of them out of the ordinary, but this is the most bizarre issue I've ever seen on a Jeep....

As I was checking things out on the '96 I flipped the vents on to check the blower motor, it made a horrible sound so I quickly turned it off and looked around a bit. When I looked at the recirculating air intake (below the dashboard, passenger side) I saw these nuts in the plenum... Odd.

I figured I'd just clear them out, no big deal, right?

Well I tried to gently push the door up (that's the direction it opens), it wouldn't move.

I hooked a vacuum pump up to the diaphragm there (maybe it's holding solid?!), it wouldn't move.

So I figured it was jammed up and I'd remove the blower motor.

Umm.. What?

Oh sweet jesus!

The entire blower motor area of the plenum was filled with these nuts! The most bizarre part? They're too large to get in the cowl vent, in fact they're too large to get in from any place, they weren't carried in by rodents (no rodent damage, plus the whole size thing again), these things must have grown there, that's the only way.

Hell, you probably couldn't even stuff that many into it if you tried!

Three inches deep of nuts...

In a 9.5" x 9.5" bucket!

At least it'll be a good story for the future, although I'm sure there will be a lot of jokes about how my Jeep's fawking nuts.

Sequoia

whatcha gonna make w/ your newely acquired NUTS:d

those are just there so the squirrels that power the jeep won't starve

There's gonna be one pist off squirrel once it finds out that it's stash of nuts it gone!.. Keep an eye out for a psycho squirrel from HELL!!!!:lecture:

VERY odd dude!! That's gotta go down into Jeep history. I'm sure some folks have had a nut or two, maybe even an acorn, but THAT many??? Way outta line LOL!

Are they from your tree, or have they been growing since the previous owner??

no way in hell they could have grown in there all by themselves. not possible.

Probably the previous-previous owner.

No acorns here and I didn't see any trees like that at Tim's but it did spend about a year in or around Running Springs.

The odd thing here is this would be the first time I'd seen a rodent issue with absolutely no chewing, fur, or droppings anywhere, not to mention how the hell it was stocked up to begin with!

Geez, you're up to your chin in nuts. :confused1

Kejtar said:
careful, cause they might belong to this squirrel!

I'd be worried about this one also....

572033cc.jpg

Holy crap thats a lot of frikin nuts....weird.:gee:

Back