• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my ac compressor is spitting

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
when I put my new engine in I abandoned the AC system, all except the compressor which I kept just to hold the belt in place, today on the way home I heard a pissing/hissing noise from under the hood, got home and opened it up and there was liquid all over the heater valve and hoses, turned the AC off and the noise and liquid stopped, any idea what caused this?is the compressor shot? it runs fine with vent and heat, just when I put it to AC it does this

TIA

doug

If I understand you, the compressor is not connected to the lines. If this is the case, then you should not have the electrical connected to it. It sounds like you are engaging the compressor clutch and it's puking out the oil.

none of the lines or connectors are on, although I did wire the aux fan to come on when I put the AC on....

so I should be good as long as I don't turn the controls to AC?

Just unhook the wire to the compressor. Otherwise it's going to try turning it on if you use the defroster. I'd probably tape up or plug the ac lines to it.

there are no wires connected to the compressor, they are all bundled together in the fuse box

its spitting PAG oil out into your engine bay. i would highly suggest not having it do that. why the hell are you turning the ac on when it isnt hooked up anyways?

there was one wire connected that I stealthly had taped out of view on rear side.....thanks guys

doug

Back