• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for a Fender Trimming Party?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

It's been quiet a while since there was a trimming party. I know many folks are getting ready for Moab and other things.

I am wondering who (how many Jeeps) needs to get some fender trimming done.

I can offer up my garage and driveway. We need to set a date.

I need front and rear trimming. I have already bent up some sheet metal.

Any interests?

Sounds good Robert. Been reading all the good write ups on the subject. Would like to help and learn from one of the Trim Masters :gee: out there before I get the nerve to do my own. Keep us posted on potential dates. Russ

Mine could use trimming. I have a sawzall but I'm scared. I'm in to learn.

I'm in too. Just don't invite Remi or Cracker. :)

Hey Robert, Once you trim the fenders out, you should order some edge molding so it looks really clean and the sheet metal wont cut your tires. I don't remember if you looked at mine, but once I added the EDGE MOLDING it looked alot cleaner. Just some input. I ordered a 20 foot roll from JCWhitney and it was just the right amount.

Nick

pep bpys also has it for like 15-20$ for Way too much. I have redone mine 3 timems and still have some left..

99GreenMachine said:
Hey Robert, Once you trim the fenders out, you should order some edge molding so it looks really clean and the sheet metal wont cut your tires. I don't remember if you looked at mine, but once I added the EDGE MOLDING it looked alot cleaner. Just some input. I ordered a 20 foot roll from JCWhitney and it was just the right amount.

Nick

Thanks. Already ahead of you. I have a big roll in the garage :)

rpraterxj said:
We need to set a date.

Make the call, Robert. I know your lift party is Sept. 9 and I'm busy the following weekend (Sept. 16).

So how's the 23rd or 30th?

I'd prefer the 30th, but I'm a n00b so you guys pick.

i wouldnt use a sawsall, IMO use a grinder with a cut off wheel, cuts clean, thats how ive always trimmed mine. and a scribe-compass doesnt hurt either, clean straight lines helps with straight cuts. and get lots of cut off wheels. and blue masking tape, the reg tape melts wierd and is hard to get off. rpraterxj bet your neighbors are gonna love you on that day./////////Kevin

xjohnnyc said:
Make the call, Robert. I know your lift party is Sept. 9 and I'm busy the following weekend (Sept. 16).

So how's the 23rd or 30th?

The 30th sounds the best right now. Let me check with the boss and see what we can do. I know that is going to want to get her TJ on the trail soon, especially after the lift is on, but we have a few other things to do to it.

Give me a couple of days to confirm, but let's plan on the 30th at my place at 10:00 AM.

Address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, 92630.

Thanks

just cut my rear quarters today that was fun with out a sawzall, need to do some light welding to seal it all up but the fold and riviting is done and it looks fairly good, next the bumper extention for the protection of that area and cage tie in to the frame plating will be done on monday ( sunday is disnyland for my babies 5th B-day )

Jump This said:
Did anyone notice, red letters, first post!!
Good job!
:D

Yea I noticed! Thanks Blue Beast and welcome to NAXJA (officially)!

Thanks, I have been a long time reader first time poster. Finaly got to a place were there are trail rigs and not just mudders.

Looking forward to some trimming!

Is this still happening?

My RE kit showed up yesterday, could we make it a trim and lift party?

Blue Beast said:
Thanks, I have been a long time reader first time poster. Finaly got to a place were there are trail rigs and not just mudders.

Looking forward to some trimming!

Thats what I like to see, RED LETTERS and only 5 posts! :yelclap:

thanks for supporting NAXJA!

Back