• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drop brackets

Tracy92

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj with a 4"lift I have just instaled I'm going to change the uca and the lca with R E adjustable control arms, and Im wondering if I should get drop brackets also?

Rubicon Express or Rough Country.

I personally like RE's a bit better, but RC's are half the price.

LSMOPARS said:
hey guys I just picked up my new RE 4.5" lift and was woundering If I should keep my trail master drop brackets what do you guy think???

I haven't heard of TM, but why wouldn't you?

:dunno:

Robert

Robert 771 said:
I haven't heard of TM, but why wouldn't you?

:dunno:

Robert

Trail master DB"s ar ethe same as RE ones. RE copied TM's.

LSMOPARS said:
hey guys I just picked up my new RE 4.5" lift and was woundering If I should keep my trail master drop brackets what do you guy think???

Yes, but order RE braces to go with them

Drop brackets really aren't necessary if your running the proper length control arm for your lift. They will also reduce ground clearence.

Fryphax said:
Drop brackets really aren't necessary if your running the proper length control arm for your lift. They will also reduce ground clearence.

Correct, but only so far as your caster settings are concerned.
The angle of the control arm relative to the ground will make a HUGE difference in ride quality and flex. Stock, the Cherokee uses parallel control arm geometry - AKA control arm is parallel to the road at ride height. Forces (bumps, boulders etc) go straight back - very little "up" force at the mounting point, most of it going through the spring.
With the control arm pointing "up" at an angle into the mounting pocket, a lot of bumps are transferred into the unibody instead of the spring. Sort of splits the shock absorbtion between the springs and your ass...
Kind of a weaksauce explanation but I think you get the drift...

Back