• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local rear diff help

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my rear end seems like it's slipping and is starting to leave a puddle when I park. Anybody local(corona/OC), have the knowledge to pop this cover and make sure everything's good? I'll bring the beer.

TheWarWagon said:
Well, my rear end seems like it's slipping and is starting to leave a puddle when I park. Anybody local(corona/OC), have the knowledge to pop this cover and make sure everything's good? I'll bring the beer.

Open it up and take a look. Most broken items will not be hiding from you!
:D

Is it stock? or ?

Jump This said:
Open it up and take a look. Most broken items will not be hiding from you!
:D

Is it stock? or ?

X2. If something is broke the carnage will be aparent.

You described it as 'slipping' u sure it isn't the tranny?

yeah, it's the bone stock 8.25. Not sure if it's the 27 or 29 spline, since it's a '96. Well, it could be tranny, because it shudders on decel. For instance, I'll be going down the freeway around 65, let off the throttle, and it will shudder, as if it's engine braking.

i would throw in another vote for the tranny. if its just an open diff there is nothing in the rear end to slip, it's just gears.

Yeah, that's what's trippin me out. Well, I'm gonna stop tonight and see if I can't find any diff fluid at the store.

Your rear end leaves a puddle when you park it?

DependsGds4Men.jpg

cal said:
Your rear end leaves a puddle when you park it?

DependsGds4Men.jpg
Yeah, am I the only one that caught the whole "My rear end leaves a puddle when I park"

tcm glx said:
Yeah, am I the only one that caught the whole "My rear end leaves a puddle when I park"
Only because you've got recent firsthand experience with daipers, pinche puto. :D

Well, drove it home last night and it didn't seem as bad. It's only once the tranny gets hot that does the whole lurching/shuddering thing. I'm going to try and head over the Kragen down the street and score some ATF.

TheWarWagon said:
It's only once the tranny gets hot that does the whole lurching/shuddering thing.

The very thought ot hot tranny's makes me shudder. I guess I can see why your rear would leak..

Back