• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle u-joint normal working angle

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Been through several rf u joints on my 89 xj since a new front diff and alloy usa axles. The get play up and down on the cross, they are still tight if you grab on either side of the u joint and twist. As far as I can tell there is nothing bent at all. I ate up the alloy usa joint, one precision super strength, one stock u joint and two spicer 297's. the spicers seem to last the longest ( couple of months) each. I'm pretty sure I may have to adjust my steering stops to limit how sharp it turns. Is there a particular max turning angle to adjust to? Thanks!!

damn!! spicers are getting hard to get up here!!

Have you adjusted the steering stops at all from stock?
If you are spinning the tires and keeping the steering at full lock that can tend to eat up a joint pretty quickly.

snow580 said:
Have you adjusted the steering stops at all from stock?
If you are spinning the tires and keeping the steering at full lock that can tend to eat up a joint pretty quickly.

I havent adjusted the stops but it seems to turn abnormally sharp to the right, I was just curoius if there was a specific degree I could turn my wheels to and set my stops to that. thanks!

Back