• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPEAKER QUESTIONS??

mike94yj

NAXJA Forum User
Ihave a 97 w/Infinity package. I replaced my front and read speakers, the rears have very low output. Fronts sound great. Anyone know what can cause this, does it have to do with the factory amp?

This may be a stupid question but have you tried adjusting your fade front to back? Also do you have an aftermarket headunit (radio/cd player) or the factory infinity unit?

It is an afteermarket head unit and speakers the rears are wires into the original wires from the factory soundbar when i fade to the rear the output is low fade to the front output is normal.

when i got my xj it had the stock stuff and the rear were really low, so i cut the fiberglass out from around it and spent 50 bucks on some really nice 6x9s problem solved, i can hear them great even over 2 10's firing 1400w at the tailgate there still crystal clear

Squidmonkey said:
I agree with Ben on checking the fader setting. if that doesnt solve it, check for grounds.

If it was a ground all the speakers would quit. I am thinking either the speakers are not hooked up correctly or they have a loose connection between the factory amp and the speakers

If it was a ground on the power to the stereo yes. But if one of the speaker wires has a ground on it, it would cause low power to get to the speaker, therfore it wouldn't be as loud.

Did you put the same brand speakers in the rear as the fronts? I have the factory amp running two infinity component speakers up front and regular infinitys in the rear and the rears for mine are just fine no low output from either set and no fading necessary. Did you put them in or did you have them put in by someone else? Check all your connections and hookups to make sure there and good and make sure that the speakers arent hooked up backwards in my experience I haven't seen too many speakers that worked poorly if not hooked up as indicated however yours may be different.

The rear speaker output seems to be weak due to the way they are mounted in the sound bar. First of all, the soundbar incorporated into the headliner does not provide a rigid mounting surface for the speakers (the headliner seems to move along with the speaker movement reducing the efficiency) and second, there is a ton of air space behind the headliner. You will probably need to address both of these in order to improve the speaker output.

Back