• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radios-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Many organizations and clubs make having a CB Radio a hard and fast requirement in order to join their trail runs. It's not an official thing with NWFest, but I cannot stress enough how important it can be to have proper communication between rigs. I can't count the number of times groups have become seperated or Jeepers lost on trail rides due to poor communication.

I would like to stongly suggest that everybody have a CB of some kind before this event. We'll even have an SWR meter so we can fine tune them. Besides, if you don't have a CB, you'll miss out on all of the interesting and highly entertaining banter between rigs. :D

-----Matt-----

I just ordered mine last night.

Cobra with a 3' firestik with tuneable tip for the hood (I now wish I got a 4', but w/e).

IXNAYXJ said:
Good job. Don't worry about the 36" vs. 48"...you won't be able to tell, and the 48's get broken off a lot more often...ask me how I know. ;)

-----Matt----

hah yeah thats what my original thought was...

Unfortunately...my cobra is apparently not going to be here until June 30th or later! :cry:

I'm going to see if Amazon will let me just drive to their warehouse to pick it up...but I doubt it.

Good call, Matt. A CB should be considered mandatory, for all the reasons listed. That reminds me, I need to try out my magnetic antenna from the XJ in the CJ, see if that fixes my CB issue. I can send, but not receive, I think there's a problem with the existing antenna.

IXNAYXJ said:
Many organizations and clubs make having a CB Radio a hard and fast requirement in order to join their trail runs. It's not an official thing with NWFest, but I cannot stress enough how important it can be to have proper communication between rigs. I can't count the number of times groups have become seperated or Jeepers lost on trail rides due to poor communication.

I would like to stongly suggest that everybody have a CB of some kind before this event. We'll even have an SWR meter so we can fine tune them. Besides, if you don't have a CB, you'll miss out on all of the interesting and highly entertaining banter between rigs. :D

-----Matt-----

Does this mean you will have a CB working by then !!!1
Because I can tell you that you have been missing out on all of the interesting and highly entertaining banter for quite some time now :shhh:

Michael

Anyone have an extra mounting CB radio, or a free one I could use at NWFest?

I'm going to have all the hardware installed, but my CB isnt supposed to come until after NWFest... :-(

Let's not forget those ever-so-handy FRS Radios. My Recommendation is if you have a set, bring 'em even if you have a CB.

TORX said:
Total of 3 for me. They were all on springs too. :rolleyes:

Is there a general channel we want to run? I would imagine our group will be running 4 on the drive up.

We will have them set to channel 4 in the camp, so if you need to call out on your way in we'll be listening. We'll let the trail leaders pick channels for their groups before they leave camp on each run.
-Ryan

Muddy Beast said:
Anyone have an extra mounting CB radio, or a free one I could use at NWFest?

I'm going to have all the hardware installed, but my CB isnt supposed to come until after NWFest... :-(

G.I. Joes or various truck stops.
There is a CB shop in Federal way.

My antenna has survived, but my mounts have not.
I don't mount around the back hatch.

Back