• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sneaky Peaky

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been doing this buildup since last week, prepping for photos for some catalogs.

This is the Jeep I've been working on.

xj001.jpg

And here is the sneak peak. This is the XJ Rear Bumper I've been working on. This is prototype only, final version will be about the same, but I have some fine tuning to do.

Hitch compatible, it now has a notch in the bottom to clear the receiver.

D-Rings are double backed and welded into the mounting legs, which are tied into factory 8 bolts + 6 bolts into the framerails. Non D-Ring versions will not tie into the additional 6 bolts.

Production versions should be ready within a month or two. We have no plans of doing tire carrier models.

xj009.jpg

xj008.jpg

xj007.jpg

xj006.jpg

Two things.

An option for those who cut their corners (angled up sides and no side protection)

And have the side protection plate extend all the way to the flare.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Two things.

An option for those who cut their corners (angled up sides and no side protection)

And have the side protection plate extend all the way to the flare.

-Alex

I like the ideas, I really do.

But I have to think in terms of the kind of products Warrior does, and the kinds of customers they appeal to. Which honestly, is the "Jeep Accessorizer"

Sometimes, I really hate it. I am shifting it more toward the off-road crowd, but getting others to see my way is a tough game.

WheelinJR said:

But I have to think in terms of the kind of products Warrior does, and the kinds of customers they appeal to. Which honestly, is the "Jeep Accessorizer"

Sometimes, I really hate it. I am shifting it more toward the off-road crowd, but getting others to see my way is a tough game.

Well if their was a version for cut corners I would get one, I really like the rigidco rear bumper but the wait for those is insane.

-Alex

WheelinJR said:

Well put. About the only 'wild' thing I've seen from Warrior was the blank CJ/Wrangler corners for putting in your own lights. I was pleasantly surprised to see the tube doors appear. :)

I like that rear bumper. That rig is moving right along.

Nice rims! :looser:

mojojojo said:
X's 2.....make a set of rear tubes just for me please
heh, I have yours sittin in the office.

But now I am waiting on door handles. The good news is, I just did that 96, and the doors can just be unplugged up front. Still gonna have to cut in the back.

I like the bumper, but like what was already said...I would like to see the sides of it extend to the flares.

W/E rear bumper I get down the road, I want it to extend to the flares...

Muddy Beast said:
I like the bumper, but like what was already said...I would like to see the sides of it extend to the flares.

W/E rear bumper I get down the road, I want it to extend to the flares...
The problem you're gonna have there is that without doing the cut and fold, you're wrapping the bumper around 18-20" long to the flares with no way to support it from bending inward.

You're much better off with a bumper like this with a set of sideplates, or doing the cut and fold with a bumper that wraps and is supported out to the sides.

xjmania said:
Those look like the tube doors that fit the JK...

I've seen em in Quadratec anyways.

Same brand, same company. We make them for XJ, TJ, YJ, JK

xjmania said:
Sveet!!! I know like 5 other XJ owners including myself who would LOVE to have these.

Any plans?

Uhh, plans?

Well, I was thinking about Chicken Bento for dinner, and I'm pretty sore from doing lift kits and crap so I might hit the Jacuzzi tonight. But don't you think that's kind of personal? :laugh3:

Haha...jackass. Jk.

For some crazy reason, which I cant explain, I didn't know these were in production. And I promise I'm not drunk...yet. Its only a quarter till 6.

On a separate note, did you just use quick disconnects for the speaker and mirror wires? And the pdf catalog says the doors only fit on 84-96. I called WP today and they said the doors will fit on 97+. True or false?

Back