• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know a good allingment shop in skagit or whatcom county?

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
i just took my jeep to les schwab and pretty much wasted my time cause they didnt do some thing right on the allignment. any one know of a good allignment shop in the mount vernon or bellingham area?

Mt Vernon Frame and Axle
360 424 3713

Be sure to tell them up front that you have a modified 4x4.

In my experience most alignment shops not only don't adjust the castor on a lifted XJ but they often don't even know that it is adjustable or in some cases don't even know what it is :dunce:

When you make any appointment make sure that they know it is a lifted 4x4 and that you need the castor adjusted.

Michael

Blkxjkrawler said:
Ever used them Tracey?

No. That is who my customers in Mt. Vernon / Burlington farm their alignments out to.

Metal Thrasher said:
No. That is who my customers in Mt. Vernon / Burlington farm their alignments out to.

Ah, I see. I got mixed up in a court case against them a few years back, so I have shyed from recomending them to people. Plus, I have custom alignments done by a guy who certainly knows what castor is, and how its adjusted.:D
-Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Ah, I see. I got mixed up in a court case against them a few years back, so I have shyed from recomending them to people. Plus, I have custom alignments done by a guy who certainly knows what castor is, and how its adjusted.:D
-Ryan

Ahhhh. So who is the guy? I've always found that it's more about the individual guy and the day he is having than it about the shop. I do know a great guy who works at a reviled chain store but not in the north counties area. I'll quietly go back to PMing information now...

IMHO DIY

The only thing they can/will adjust is toe and caster on an XJ. And camber if you get adjustable ball joints.

You need 1/8" of toe in and 7* of positive caster. But 7* is hard to get if you want your driveshaft pointed any where near your TC

Ba-Riedo said:
Isn't caster only adjustable with adjustable control arms?

-Alex

Isn't that exactly what I pointed out earlier in the thread :roflmao:

Yes, it is adjustable with stock arms or fixed arms (they are shimmed).

Michael

Ba-Riedo said:
Isn't caster only adjustable with adjustable control arms?

-Alex

DAH-riedo :laugh3: You scare me sometimes. Have you been under a short arm cherokee recently?:twak:

You can get 1/2" with fixed arms. BTW RE fixed Superflex arms are the exact same length as a stock arm. 15 3/4"

Back