• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Case Drop - Bolt Size?

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
I have to toss a transfer case drop in a Jeep I just lifted, because I don't have the time to do an SYE before this photo shoot.

So I need to know what size bolt it uses. It looks like an 8mm x 1.25mm bolt, but how long do they need to be?

Also, any tricks to getting the studs out? Or is it pretty straight forward?

--JR

I just used a pair of vise grips to get the stud out. I don't remember the thread I took one in and matched it up, I just bought 2" long that were threaded all the way

I got the threads, 10mm x 1.5mm, and there's about 20mm of thread on the factory bolt, so I actually have some 40mm ones on the shelf, should work!

Thanks for the advice on the studs, vise grips it is!

If the vise grips don't work, apply a blowtorch to the surrounding area until it glows a bit, then apply the grips. Its what I had to do, worked like a charm.

I tried using vise-grips on my 89. The studs kept rounding out(they were new vise-grips so had plenty of bite). I ended up using a pipe wrench to get them out. It worked like a charm.

Back