• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny mounts

Mr.MojoRisin'

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the tranny mounts on my 1995 XJ. I want to know what a good aftermarket brand would be or should I just go stock replacement? I believe I read somewhere on here that poly tranny mounts will vibrate the hell outta the inside, this Jeep is my DD so I'd liek to keep that to a minimum.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76058_844.htm

would these work?

Thanks for the input

:banghead: I had a 95 5 speed fixer upper & kept breaking the mount, so I drilled a hole thru the dimple on the top of the mount & put a 3/8" hardened bolt & lock nut on it, then ground the head of the bolt flush with the top of the mount. don't compress the rubber if you do this otherwise you won't have any dampning.I admit this is way mickey mouse but I was selling the rig & couldn't get a poly mount in a hurry. I sold the rig to a young guy who beats the crap out of it, bangs shifts & it still seems to be holding together a year & 1/2 later. I am tempted to do this on my own rig , as I have to replace the mount an my aw4 every year but I hate hokey shit even if I came up with it myself

Back