• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear window motor question

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having trouble with my rear passenger side window lately; every once in a while it would not roll back up. The other day it rolled down and now I cannot get it to roll up. I tried to jump my hot wire on the switch(yellow) to one of the two wires going to the motor(green or gray) but I could not get it to roll up... I tried to use a battery charger to roll it up using the two wires going to the motor but that did not work either... I am almost completely sure that its the motor now. Is there any way I can munually roll my window up?(it is stuck down right now!) What years of motors can I use from the pick and pull?

Thanks guys
Chadwick

try rolling the window up while tapping on the motor with a hammer. if it rolls up you know that the motor is sticking. if you are getting 12 volts at the motor when you press the switch and there is no movement then you can pretty much rule that it is a motor problem. but the hammer trick is good so you can roll it up while you wait on your motor.

I did hit it but I will try that again. I ran 12v right to the motor and nothing so I guess its time for a new one. I still need to know what years I can use..?

84 to96 fit. they come with the regulator .they have a spiral wound regulator but if that's bad they will make a grinding sound.. you can get the motor, rebuilt for $109.95 from olympic 4x4 supplyWWW.OLY4X4.COM & you just drill the rivets out & nut & bolt it back together. if you get a used one test it before you install it.

Back