• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quieter Lunchbox Lockers

DeathValleyPaul

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on putting a lunchbox locker into my D30 Front. I have an already very noisy Lock-Rite in the back and I am trying to get away from getting more noise. My choices are Aussie (On BACK ORDER), Powertrax No Slip, Lock Rite, or Detroits EZ locker.

Which is the least noisy?

I have an aussie. Its not too loud. You really hear it chattering around tight corners like pulling into parking spaces and such. I like it tho. Cheaper than the others and as many have said it possibly the best thing for the 30 in terms on lunch box lockers

I have a No-Slip in my D30 and it's pretty quiet.

Where are you in the L.A. area? You can test drive my Jeep.

No-Slip all the way.Lock-rite/Aussie are about the same.I wouldnt do a Ez locker in my worst friends rig!

aussie locker, never had any issues with mine

In my own experience I have the Powertrax and I highly DON'T recommend it. It may be quieter but it has not worked when I needed it the most. This occurs often and it's only been in since December. I have had two sheared front U joints from it unlocking and then hard relocking. I ran the lockright in the rear and at the time I wish I would have installed one of those in the front. After using both I saved up and just bought ARB's for both ends and did away with the auto lockers all together.

RCP Phx said:
No-Slip all the way.Lock-rite/Aussie are about the same.I wouldnt do a Ez locker in my worst friends rig!

What is wrong with the EZ locker? Curious since I've run them in a Scout II and never noticed anything but good traction when wheeling. They make a slight clicking sound when turning sharp but they all do that.

4 years now on my Aussie. Works great and very quiet, never let me down. Synthetic gear oil works very well to keep them quiet and smooth.

Back