• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need injector/o-ring help for my '86 2.5l TBI XJ

Andx0r

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, I've got an '86 XJ with the TBI 2.5l engine (my engine is out of an '88) and today I was going to drive it but it died right after starting.

Turns out the thing was flooded, badly. I pulled the injector and found that the upper o-ring (the bigger one that fits between the injector and the plate) has a big slice along it's length, which probably explains why I found gas everywhere when I pulled the throttle body cover off.

Anyway, I cannot find a re-ring kit for this thing to save my life. All I can find are $50-$100 'TBI tune up' kits that have the o-rings in them. Not interested.

So, I either need someone to point me to a place that DOES sell a simple re-ring kit for these things, or to find someone who knows what size o-rings these things use. The upper ring is kind of rough, but I think it's a 1-5/16 OD x 1/16 (025 dash) ring, but that's only by my ruler measurements.

So, any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Back