• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yosemite/Groveland trails

Sig Ep Mock

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Headed to Yosemite for vacation with the family for the week before the 4th. Actually staying in Groveland with 6 other RVer's. We will have a mix of quads and 4x's. Gonna do Yosemite for a few days but would also like to some 4wheeling around the area.

Any good family friendly trails close by? I imagine there are lots of great trails around the area, I'm just having a hard time finding any good maps or suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris<---- Yosemite rookie

Jump This said:
The Sierra Chapter might be able to help you more.
I don't have much time behind the wheel up there.....

Thanks. I posted there too but not much help so far...hopefully someone will chime in.

Thanks again,

Chris

Try the Niagra Rim Trail. Follow 108 up to Kennedy Meadows. There will be signs directing you to the trails. Get a map at the ranger station when you go through. It is a good hour to an hour and a half out of Groveland, but it is a great trail.

If you don't want to go that far, follow 108 to Soulsbyville and turn left on Soulsbyville Rd. at the light. Turn right on Longeway and follow to Phoenix Lake Rd. Take a right and then a right onto Kewin Mill Rd. Folow into Cedar Ridge and take a right on Keltz Mine Rd. That will lead you into an OHV area. There are some pretty good trails if you stay to the right at the fork and then take the first, steep uphill on your right. Probably a couple of miles of some fairly serious trails. Lots of other, not so tough trails too.

Good Luck!

kj139 said:
Try the Niagra Rim Trail. Follow 108 up to Kennedy Meadows. There will be signs directing you to the trails. Get a map at the ranger station when you go through. It is a good hour to an hour and a half out of Groveland, but it is a great trail.

If you don't want to go that far, follow 108 to Soulsbyville and turn left on Soulsbyville Rd. at the light. Turn right on Longeway and follow to Phoenix Lake Rd. Take a right and then a right onto Kewin Mill Rd. Folow into Cedar Ridge and take a right on Keltz Mine Rd. That will lead you into an OHV area. There are some pretty good trails if you stay to the right at the fork and then take the first, steep uphill on your right. Probably a couple of miles of some fairly serious trails. Lots of other, not so tough trails too.

Good Luck!

Good stuff thanks. Called the Groveland Ranger station, they said they have some maps of the trails around there too. We'll stop in on our way up. Can't wait, should be a great trip.

Chris

Back