• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

canadian XJ`s

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
I found some folks with 98 2 door,5 speed 4.0 XJ4x4 that they brought in from Canada. Is there any differences in Canadian models? Also seems 1/2 the 97+ XJ`s I look at the air dosent work. Is there something common that goes out? Id sure like to have working air in the DD.
Thanks

AFAIK there is nothing special about the CDN XJs other than the Metric instruments and the stickers under the hood being in Metric instead of Imperial/SAE.

Swapping the instrument cluster should be straightforward if Metric bugs you.

HTH

I have a 2000 thats from the states...... it seem to have different badges, as they are all chrome and raised up not stickers,I havent seen any other modles with the same badgeing up here in the north.....

Helltech4x4 said:
I have a 2000 thats from the states...... it seem to have different badges, as they are all chrome and raised up not stickers,I havent seen any other modles with the same badgeing up here in the north.....

Is it a Sport? I think the badges went to the raised plastic style in/around `99. My `01 has the raised style.

Only major differences are the guage clusters, and any stickers under the hood saying the plug gap and things like. Mine origionally was from the states and the only change I've made to it was the guage cluster. Also, I'm not sure if you were talking specifically about newer XJ's only, not having the raised badges, but My '88 does, and the '91 I had for parts had the same raised ones, only gold.

Last edited:
Mine was bought new in New Brunswick, Smashed, rebuild and sold here in the states.
The lables will have french on them, and it will say "built for sale in Canada"
under the hood right behind the master cyclendar, and you will have day time running lights, none of the US built XJs had those.

Also, it will talk funny, words like trout, about, schedual, etc.
It will only recieve radio stations that start with a "C"
And, it will want to celebrate strange holidays.
Other than that, it will be the same....

Chero-King said:
Only major differences are the guage clusters, and any stickers under the hood saying the plug gap and things like. Mine origionally was from the states and the only change I've made to it was the guage cluster. Also, I'm not sure if you were talking specifically about newer XJ's only, not having the raised badges, but My '88 does, and the '91 I had for parts had the same raised ones, only gold.

I think all the US or CDN XJs from 97 - ~99 had the gay purplish stylized "Sport" sticker on the front doors. Not sure about the Country/Limited/etc.

The ~87-96 stuff always had the raised plastic style. My 89 partster has the gold raised stuff (Limited).

Back