• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle question

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i'ver searched.. and feel confident.. but just want to clarify this.

got rc 2" shackles to install..

from searching it looks like i just relieve the weight on the leafs... take out the back top bolt.. and that's it? to get the shackle in??

just making sure.. don't want any problems

Yep, pretty much. Remove the stock shackle, and install the new one. Two bolts per side. One that attaches the shackle to the Jeep and the other that goes through the shackle and the leaf.

cherokee chuck said:
you might want to presoak the bolts & bushings w/P.B.Blaster or a similar product. It looks like you are on the gulf so rusty bolts/bushings could be an issue. good luck
X2
expect a few driveline vibes as well. When you do a shackle lift, you change the pinion angle more drastically than w/ a spring lift.
Ask me how I know.

so for the vibes.. where do i get the stuff for a hack and tap. i can get the cutoff and taps.. i work for fastenal.. just need the cap to seal.. and what ever else goes in..

on a budget bad... have a spare front shaft.. so all i need is to seal the tc.. what and where do i find this cheap

Back