• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bigger bottle jack under rear bench

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The stock bottle jack seems to work fine on my stock XJ but I doubt it's not very stable and I doubt it will still work very well after I start lifting. I see a bunch of 3- and 5-ton bottle jacks at NAPA and elsewhere, and I'm guessing some of those will fit in the stock location. What's a good choice here? I don't want something that won't fit.

Thanks

I have 5.5" of lift and 35's and when i dont have a high lift or floor jack handy my bottle jack works fine. obviously if you can use jack stands for safety but i still keep the bottle jack under the rear seat for any on road repairs/flats etc.

xtrememtbiker85 said:
I have 5.5" of lift and 35's and when i dont have a high lift or floor jack handy my bottle jack works fine. obviously if you can use jack stands for safety but i still keep the bottle jack under the rear seat for any on road repairs/flats etc.
I carry a 60" highlift and have yet to use it.It wont lift a tire off the ground,my stock screw jack has never let me down.

I carry a 2.5t (tiny,tiny) bottle jack in the stock location because I hate the factory screw jack. The 2.5 is the same diameter as the factory jack, uses the factory hold down, but will not lift quite as high(that's what the small block of 2x6 is for)

Most 5t jacks should fit in there with a modified hold down. If you store a hydraulic jack on it's side, put it in a plastic bag, because it it going to leak

I'm @ stock height minus stock leaf sag on 235/75r15 BFGs, and the factory bottle jack will just barely get any given tire off the ground...barely. Figured I'd rotate the tires while doing brakes. The bottle jack didn't have anywhere near enough height to get all four in the air. It wasn't even close

kujito said:
I'm @ stock height minus stock leaf sag on 235/75r15 BFGs, and the factory bottle jack will just barely get any given tire off the ground...barely. Figured I'd rotate the tires while doing brakes. The bottle jack didn't have anywhere near enough height to get all four in the air. It wasn't even close
uh where did you place the jack?

kujito said:

nominated

kujito said:
Ummm, You do realize the bottle jack goes under the axle right?
It doesnt go under the body of the Jeep. There's no way you could rotate the tires with just one bottle jack if you were using it properly because it can only lift up one tire at a time.
EDIT: Correcting myself, the only way you can rotate tires with one bottle jack is if you rotate the spare in.

Find a- X -style (screw) jack from a late model pick-up.I found a jack from a Dodge Dakota.It fits under the seat same as the stock jack,but will lift from the axle tube, my XJ with a fully inflated 33 on a 4.5" lift --3" off the ground.Even more if I place it on the shock mount.

Wayne

Back