• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley 6/14/2008

Matt_West

NAXJA Forum User
Strangely I was at GI Joes in Mt Vernon about 9:15 yesterday morning :banghead:

So I decided to see if I could remember the way to Walker Valley. Once there I found a group of Suzuki's to join and managed to get a good tour of the ORV.

Following around those little, light, short wheel base rigs made the XJ seem huge. Of course there were plenty of spots where more wheel base made things easier. I would venture there are situations for any rig.

Reminded me of when the MG and Corvette clubs do joint autocrosses. When the Corvette folks host the course is full of long sweepers. When the MG guys set the cones it is very tight curves; with usually one place where the Vettes have to select reverse to get on through.

Pics, videos, and details of where we ran can be found here: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/crawlersnw/vpost?id=2779033

Worth mentioning is that a group called Core4X4 was putting in a new trail. They were working with the DNR had heavy equipment rocks and drain pipe.

Matt_West said:
Strangely I was at GI Joes in Mt Vernon about 9:15 yesterday morning :banghead:

So I decided to see if I could remember the way to Walker Valley. Once there I found a group of Suzuki's to join and managed to get a good tour of the ORV.

Following around those little, light, short wheel base rigs made the XJ seem huge. Of course there were plenty of spots where more wheel base made things easier. I would venture there are situations for any rig.

Reminded me of when the MG and Corvette clubs do joint autocrosses. When the Corvette folks host the course is full of long sweepers. When the MG guys set the cones it is very tight curves; with usually one place where the Vettes have to select reverse to get on through.

Pics, videos, and details of where we ran can be found here: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/crawlersnw/vpost?id=2779033

Worth mentioning is that a group called Core4X4 was putting in a new trail. They were working with the DNR had heavy equipment rocks and drain pipe.

Missed you last weekend.
The new trail is actually primarily a Ranier Ridge Rams project. CORE has defenitely been helping a lot and we have been invited to participate. It is refered to as the Skills Building Area - we had lunch there last weekend.

Totally know you mean about the autocrossing. I used to belong to a club that had a very good mix of muscle and sports. The Lotus guy always won because we had to make the courses fair to both groups.

The skill building area is a DNR thing all clubs are more than welcome to contact Jim and donate hours toward Walker. The more the better cuz the ridge runners are giving their input on trails and we should do the same .The trails are going to fun .
But it would be a good thing if NAXJA got to be part of building some of them trails and putting in some input on what we wood like to see.
I was up there all day on satureday and well it was a lot of work but well worth it got to see a couple of trails get there cherry's pop and it LOOKED GOOD.
Thanx Duane

Yes I seen you at the top I was the blue XJ with the yellow bumper hey next time you want to go out just shoot me over a message and we can meet some where
Duane

okeedokee said:
The skill building area is a DNR thing all clubs are more than welcome to contact Jim and donate hours toward Walker. The more the better cuz the ridge runners are giving their input on trails and we should do the same .The trails are going to fun .
But it would be a good thing if NAXJA got to be part of building some of them trails and putting in some input on what we wood like to see.
I was up there all day on satureday and well it was a lot of work but well worth it got to see a couple of trails get there cherry's pop and it LOOKED GOOD.
Thanx Duane

We're currently working with the DNR on fortifying the Expressway bypass, Michael (2Xtreme) is coordinating the project. Stay tunes for future work party dates to help us out.

Thanks for being pro-active on the trails.:)

Back