• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can somebody identify these 6" coils?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up some 6" coils today. Unknown make, although they are red.

I was thinking-

Skyjacker, Rancho, Rough Country maybe? I don't know.

Can somebody perhaps identify the brand?

They are a tad shorter than my friend's 5.5" Rubicon Express coils, but the coils are just as thick and are wound just as tightly....if that extra information helps at all. heh.

l_8bf43b49b2deab2a813e1480447d97ea.jpg

Clean them real thoroughly and look on the outside of the coils, or top/bottom of the coil and most companies put an identifying mark in one of those locations if it hasn't rubbed off already. If nothing there then it's about 90% chance they're skyjacker as most of their stuff is powdercoated red.

Look like Skyjackers as mentioned above. Some friends of mine run those and they are STIFF.

Ah so that's why they are more tightly wound towards the bottom of the coil.

Well apparently we have alot of options out there right now as to what manufacturer they came from :)

Looks like the 6" Rock Ready Skyjacker coil to me. Rancho does not make a 6" lift to my knowledge. Grims could tell you if they are or were Rough Country.

Back