• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Dilemma...

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i am currently in the process of doing a minor overhaul on my rig right now. to sum it all up, i'll be running rusty's 4.5" coils w/ 2" spacers and an extra isolator with RE 3.5" leaves, 1.5" shackle, 1 extra overload leaf and a .5" solid steel block (maybe... i'm thinking the rear will be too tall and it won't be level.). i also just installed the rock krawler long arm upgrade, 1 ton OTK steering and OTA trackbar and brake lines. i also have bar pin eliminators. the dilemma is chosing what shocks to run. i don't care about ride quality so i want something cheap. i also want to utilize my travel capadilites... so do you think rusty's shocks for 6" of lift will give me good travel? didn't see any lengths on the site, maybe someone is firmiliar with the numbers?
any input is welcomed and i know you guys aren't big fans of rustys but i've run his 3" shocks for a few years and believe it or not, they have held up better than a lot of the various ones my buddies are running and they have done well in the salty conditions up here.

maybe the RE monotubes? i dont have any experience with them presonally but know some people who run them, i think their somewhat stiff. if your not concerned with ride quality then its probly not best to spend a ton of money on the shocks. i think rancho is popular also, but i dont have any experience with those either. i run OME's and have been very pleased with them. but if you've had good experiences with rustys then maybe start there.

Not sure about his rusty's shocks but if you're concerned about it give him a call and talk to him about it and he should be able to tell you the specs on all of them. If that doesn't work you could look at the bilstein 5150's that he sells as you can choose the travel, open, and close lengths that you want.

Back