• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remove e brake cable?

Tenny

NAXJA Forum User
So I am doing a axle swap right now. Everything is off, or ready to be, but I can't seem to get the parking break off. I got the little adjustment screw loose enough to pull them out, but the bracket part doesn't want to give it. Is there any secret to it?

cut it. deal with a change of brackets latter. I had to when i put in the d44 with discs. Not the best way but it will get it done and save you a ton of frustration.

Are you talking about where the cable housing meets the body brackets?

If so, i use a small screw driver to push the tabs inward towards the cable housing(there are 3 tabs) just work your way around and it will pop out of the bracket. You will need to angle the cable housing as you pop each tab in.

I rarely snap these "tabs" off as they are spring steel but be careful any way if you plan on re-using the cables.

They go into the backing plates at the axle the same way as the brackets.

I use a small box wrench (I think it is a 1/2 inch) pushed over the springs clips refered to by xjtrailrider closes all the fingers at one time allowing the cable jacket to be pulled out of the retainer. The wrench will fall off as the cable is removed.
Hope this help.

Yeah I eventually did something similar to what was said. I pushed the pins down as much as possible, my problem at first was I couldn't even see what was holding it from going back. Once I figured that part out, I took care of it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back