• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Trip - June 21 and 22

Mr. Pickle

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, a few of my buddies and I are going to run Big Bear next weekend. We are staying in a hotel over night and are running both days. We are going to run John Bull Saturday morning and then everything else is up for grabs.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Have a great Friday! :)

If my Jeep is back together by then I may come up on Sunday. Got a long way to go though.

I'll be up there sans Jeep.

rpraterxj said:
If my Jeep is back together by then I may come up on Sunday. Got a long way to go though.

I would love to offer a hand but my weekend is packed and so is next week. Good luck getting it done :).

On a side note, we are going to be neighbors soon. The misses and I are closing escrow at the end of the month on a house in the south west corner of Trabuco/Cherry (right by the park). Now I will be able to sneak over during your next "fix-it" party.

So ya know, the LOST JEEPS group will be up there on Sat running several trails w/ John Bull being one of them. There is also a motorcycle run up there on Gold mtn that morning and not sure where they go from there so keep an eye out for crowds of Jeeps and bikes.

cruiserhead said:
what else u got in mind for trails? i have some ideas for u if interested

By all means, input welcome. :)

Yea, i guess it is going to be busy next weekend but oh well. A crowded day on the trail is better than a day alone at home...

hey i heard that john bull u cant run moto's on the trail. Big ticket for that.

98RExj said:
hey i heard that john bull u cant run moto's on the trail. Big ticket for that.
i could be wrong, heard it from someone else.

here's some suggestions - first, john bull won't be that busy we can't have some fun - the FS might have banned bikes from that trail - don't know.
Options r limited because of fire damage - but trails like heartbreak ridge, dishpan springs, and a few others r open

cruiserhead said:
here's some suggestions - first, john bull won't be that busy we can't have some fun - the FS might have banned bikes from that trail - don't know.
Options r limited because of fire damage - but trails like heartbreak ridge, dishpan springs, and a few others r open
Just got back from Big Bear.....me and some friends camped at Crab Flats and ran Dishpan Springs and John Bull (from the opposite direction this time), ran into about a bizillion vehicles from the Forest Fest and had to wait forever. I was unaware that Holcomb was closed so, we spent alot of time on fire roads to get to the Bull and by the time we got out of the trail, it was getting too late to run Gold Mountain besides, figured there'd be a crap load of traffic on that one as well....kinda disappointing. If you go, bring plenty of mosquito repellent........they were brutal!--------Hans

holcomb won't open til next spring - that's alot of boring fire road from dishpan to the bull - for a day trip - gold mtn & the bull makes for some fun

Can I run up there, i am open/open???

Back