• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Removal Process

casper4x4

NAXJA Forum User
So as ya may know i have two axles chillin in my jeep, two axles chillin in my garage ( the two that are goin on the jeep ) and two on the jeep. I have all these axles and not a lot of room to store these.

I was wondering what is needed to remove the gears and carriers, as far as tools etc. Am i able to do this by myself and with the common tools?

Alonzo

yea no problem. Ive never done gears and took out old ones and installed all by hand tools.

casper4x4 said:
So as ya may know i have two axles chillin in my jeep, two axles chillin in my garage ( the two that are goin on the jeep ) and two on the jeep. I have all these axles and not a lot of room to store these.

I was wondering what is needed to remove the gears and carriers, as far as tools etc. Am i able to do this by myself and with the common tools?

Alonzo

Yep and ill help if you need buddy.. going to take the shafts out so u can drive it? hehe

You will nee a 1/2" socket for the cover, a 3/4" socket for the carrier cap bolts and a large (30 or 32MM) socket for the pinion nut. The carrier cross pin takes a 5/16" wrench on a bolted pin, or a small punch on a pin with a roll pin installed. The u-joint strap takes a 5/16" also.

Back