• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door allignment

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
is there a surfire way to allign my doors 100% like OEM? possibly new mounts from a donor jeep? (ive took my doors off and thats when it screwed up my allignment when i put em back. also what can replace the stupid torx bolts?

Mopar It said:
is there a surfire way to allign my doors 100% like OEM? possibly new mounts from a donor jeep? (ive took my doors off and thats when it screwed up my allignment when i put em back. also what can replace the stupid torx bolts?
If you cut your hinges off you have more of a chance of not getting them back on correctly when welding. I would leave your existing ones on and just reweld them if they have fallen some. The torx head bolts can be replaced with M8x1.25 hex head bolts...I forget the length.

Mopar It said:
i didnt cut them i just unbolted them completely. now i wanna put them back on correctly so i can cut them and add quick release pins
You're talking about making them removeable, I see. I thought you were actually cutting the hinges off the body side too.

no im just interested in how to line my doors up perfect for the time being. i unbolted from the body and left the whole hinge on the door for about a week a few months ago then put my doors on and their flare out near the bottom and dont secure tight so i get wind noise

Mopar It said:
no im just interested in how to line my doors up perfect for the time being. i unbolted from the body and left the whole hinge on the door for about a week a few months ago then put my doors on and their flare out near the bottom and dont secure tight so i get wind noise
Unfortunately you just have to keep playing with the alignment by moving those plates inside the door that the hinges bolt to. They move in all directions, one thing I've noticed too is, the window frame up towards the top usually will sit in to where it's actually below the rest of the body (if that makes sense). That may be why your door isn't sealing correctly; it may need to go in more at the top. If that's the case loosen the top 3 bolts and push in on the top. You may then have to also go back and loosen the bottom 3 bolts and push in there too. Keep dinking with it, eventually it will line up.

I did the same thing when i wanted them to be removable. Took the driver side off then had a bitch of a time putting it back on. The pass isde i just ounched out the pins one by one. Didnt screw um the alignment.

Back