• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Question

Jeep_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of lifting my 99 XJ, It has the 242 T-Case, and a D35. I want to put ZJ Upcountry springs in the front and S10 springs in the back to match. I'm thinking the ZJ springs will give me about 2-2 1/2" of lift. What potential problems will I be looking at? Alignment, Driveshaft angle, etc.?

You shouldn't have any problems at 2.5" of lift. You may need to shim the LCAs to get your caster angle back to stock, and if the rear is more than about 3" of lift you may need a t-case drop for rear driveline angle to avoid vibes.

Thanks for the reply, is it ok if I put everything back together AND THEN put the swaybars back on later? Will I still be able to put them back on with the everything else bolted back on? Also does anyone know the torque specs for the shocks and the spring clamp bolt? Thanks!

It should be fine to put the swaybar on last. Not sure if they'll still fit with the lift, no-one uses the rear one once they lift anyhow. Are you talking the coil keeper tab bolts? For those and the shock bolts I just snugged them down tight, maybe 25 ft lbs. I didn't put a torque wrench on them, it's not critical.

Thanks. On one of the bottom shocks bolts, the nut keeps spinning on the bolt (Doesn't tighten down), it looks like the threads are messed up. Is it ok if one of the bolts are tightened all the way down and the other not? Also what size is the nut and bolt? Thanks!!

Back