• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Case showed up today!!

_MURDERED OUT_

NAXJA Forum User
Test fitting on my old ax-15:
100_0796.jpg

100_0795.jpg

100_0799.jpg

now comes the fun part of finding what yokes i can put on the outputs to run my current driveshafts!!

Congratulations! I am sure you will be happy with it. I put one in my 93 XJ a few months ago and I love it. I am running 35's, with 4:10 gears but with an auto.

_MURDERED OUT_ said:
now comes the fun part of finding what yokes i can put on the outputs to run my current driveshafts!!

On mine I bought a 32 spline 1310 CV Yoke from Tellico 4X4 and put it on the front output shaft (I think it was $40). This let me use my existing stock driveshaft. On the rear I retained the flange/balancer and bought a new driveshaft from Tom Woods. My old rear shaft was an RE setup for thier hack-n-tap SYE and would not work with the 241 tcase. A lot guys just put a 1310 CV yoke on the rear also, or you can move the 1330 Yoke from the front output shaft to the rear, and run a 1330 driveshaft.

I paid $800 for it. and its totally rebuilt, new chain, gears, bearings, seals, etc...
I got a few pics of my shitbox... let me see if i can dig em up.

Im running a 1310 non cv shaft up front and a 1310 CV flanged shaft in the rear.
I run a dana 44 front pinion yoke on the front output of my 231 case and for the rear i run a currie flange.
I am goin to get a front non cv yoke from High Angle Driveline, and i want to get that Tom Woods universal 32 spline flange for the rear but havent heard from him yet.

Oh, and i cant help ya out on the speedo question cuz mine hasnt been hooked up in probably 4 years and never cared....

Last edited:
C85D4x4 said:
Has anyone yet figured out how to get the speedometer gear to work with 96 and older XJs?

Yes. You plug it in. (splice the wires).

Do a search. "241or" on naxja and read the threads.

cal said:
Yes. You plug it in. (splice the wires).

Do a search. "241or" on naxja and read the threads.

I had to buy Super Lift's "TRUE SPEED" speedo correction module for my '94 when I put in the 241. Can't remember exactly how much it costs but I think it was about $175 (ouch). I was able to calibrate the speedo EXACTLY. If I change gears or tire size all I have to do is turn the adjustment screw. I was willing to put up with the speedo being off, but the 'puter didn't like it. Shifting and engine performance suffered.

ah, the silicone will be okay. Im still wanting to get in touch with tom woods but its difficult for me to do anything cuz i dont have time to call anybody during business hours. I will get around to it eventually... I will post some progress pics when i get goin. Probably this weekend. And i will probably buy the novak shifter kit in the future...

Sierra Drifter:
on your buildup page, one of the last posts has a pic of some shock mounts...

Where did you buy those?? I need a set of those! I have to install my shocks after flipping my rear leafs and stretching the wheelbase. Im making a frame cross bar to mount the top of the shocks to and will be needing to make some lower weld on mounts.

I'm currently running an 8.8 with the same type of flange at the pinion. Would it be possible to use a DS that utilizes both flanges instead of yokes? (at the case and on the pinion)

Thanks

Last edited:
Deadman 94 xj said:
I'm currently running an 8.8 with the same type of flange at the pinion. Would it be possible to use a DS that utilizes both flanges instead of yokes? (at the case and on the pinion)

Thanks

thats the way real drive shafts are made, look under an 80s toyota.

Back