• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what did i do? please help guys or gals

2000pacherokee

NAXJA Forum User
hey gang saturday i went wheelin n i hook up my aux fan so it would stay running ei hot wired it to the battery. i have a 2000 xj by the way . now my problem : i bought a relay and a lighted switch to do it the right way. when i went to hook it it up i ran the hot from the switch to an open fuse slot so i could run it when ever i wanted it to run.when i went to hook it up to the fuse panel ( passenger side kick panel ) the switch was on and i didnt know it and it shorted the fuse slot out. now i dont have any juice going to that slot and no rear defrost or power mirrors. did i burn out that slot to where i have to take out the fuse panel n sodder it back together or did i just blow out another relay somewhere? if so where ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the power distribution center under the hood on the passenger side fender well. look for fuse 11 which is a 30 amp maxi fuse. That should be your culprit per the FSM. Power distribution center took the place of older style fusible links, so if you loose a large power group look in there.

Tell me how you make out.

Last edited:
hey alfman
yeah thats where the culprit was under the hood like you said .... a 30 amp fuse ...and a biggin at that lol.....it was labeled as HBL fuse what ever that means. thanks again.

Back