• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running RC Nitro shocks?

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
I'm noticing that how very cheap they are it may be a good replacement on my old rusted shocks.

Wondering how many people have or havent enjoyed these on there DD lifted XJ?

I'd like to get some OME Nitrochargers but it's not happening anytime soon.

OverTheHillsATTW said:
I'm noticing that how very cheap they are it may be a good replacement on my old rusted shocks.

Wondering how many people have or havent enjoyed these on there DD lifted XJ?

I'd like to get some OME Nitrochargers but it's not happening anytime soon.
Might as well weld some steel struts in there!

With shocks, you definitely get what you pay for....

I have them on on DD that has a 2" BB on it and they are alright. Like stated above, you get what you pay for on shocks. My stock shocks were worn out and I opted to use the cheaper RC shocks due to budget at the time. They ride alright, but there are better options out there for more money. I have about 8K miles on mine and they are still doing fine. I had some RE monotubes on my trail rig and they were sweet riding shocks, but cost more then double what the RC ones do.

RE shocks are still in my price range the last time I checked... I think.

I understand you get what you pay for but I feel as if I don't even have shocks.

Why would the "higher" end line ride worse? I thought they had more levels of valving? IE softer until they get deep into the stroke.

i got them w/ RC 4.5 kit and they suck. rides like a tank, which i dont mind. the thing is that they dont recover fast enough when goin over bumps, so the rubber bushings wore out in the front. im goin to replace them once i get my sye and trac bar put on. hope that helps.

Just bought Rancho RS5000 all around for my no lift DD 98 XJ, 183,000 miles. $45.99 a piece at Summit racing (I can see Summit's head quarters from my house by the way). I wasn't sure what to get and Rancho has a good name, hope I like them. I want a good smooth ride, with some beef for minor off-roading.

Tomorow I'm putting on the new shocks, and sway bar bushings but don't know if its 24, 26, or 28 mm sway bar. I'm also doing the axle seals on the front (great tech write ups on here), windshield washer pump, and changing rear diff oil.

I have already replaced the radiator, water pump, A/C comp, exhaust, both universals, wheel hubs, all brakes, fuel pump, freeze plugs, windshield wiper motor......... I think thats all. Should be a new jeep. Taking it out to Montana, and then to yellowstone, tetons, and black hills for three weeks. Were leaving on Monday, and I do not want any break downs.

Back