• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ runnin hot

bobhere73

NAXJA Forum User
ok heres the deal 95 xj 4.0 auto just put new rad new balanced thermostat new flowkooler water pump but the sob is still runnin hot. i put a T in the upper heater hose when engine is runnin hot it seams the flow in the hose is very slow anyone know if the top heater hose is flow in or the return line? next can i bypass that 4 way valve by the heater core basicly if the heater core is my problem can i just put the end of the 2 heater hose together untill i can fix the core? also all hoses are new up and lower radiator and both heater hoses are new as is the small hose from the housing to water pump i think that was the small hose it was 3 months back but i know i had to buy a small hose bout 4-5 inches i guess the system runs clean also

headgasket or loss of pressure in the system

yeah you can bypass that valve I have converted two renix setups to the way you are set up. I did recently find something that made a HUGE improvement on cooling. I put in a new fan clutch. There was no diff in the feeling between the two when i had them out and side by side; but with the new one in holy crap is there more airflow. I was amazed...still am!

The top heater hose (coming out of the thermostat housing will be the out or the "flow" into the heater core. The bottom will be the "return" into the water pump.

You can connect the hoses together eliminating the heater core. However when your heat is off the heater valve will shut off and it will basically be like the upper and lower heater hoses are connecting, unless your heater valve is clogged. Yes they do go bad, especially if it is the origional! The plastic likes to crumble!

Blaine B. said:
The top heater hose (coming out of the thermostat housing will be the out or the "flow" into the heater core. The bottom will be the "return" into the water pump.

You can connect the hoses together eliminating the heater core. However when your heat is off the heater valve will shut off and it will basically be like the upper and lower heater hoses are connecting, unless your heater valve is clogged. Yes they do go bad, especially if it is the origional! The plastic likes to crumble!
clutch fan is doin just fine and the valve on the heater core seems to be working fine it moves smooth back and forth all i could think was maybe the core was bad but if that valve just closes it off then would it matter if the heater core was bad as long as heats off its bypassing it anyway.. right.. i hope.. lol

The cooling system should work fine w/o the heater core in use, it will just bring the temp up quicker. The system should be able to stay with in temp with just the radiator and fans.

Back