• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motive Gear Good, bad or just ok?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I need soem 4.88's for my 8.8 axle and local I can find a good deal on Motive performance line gears. Anyone run them? I was told by the shop that they are Italy made gears. That would make me believe the same manufacture as Yukon premium, precission, ect.

Any experiences out there?

PS.. I read this on a website about a UROC competitor in regards to a motive gear set up buggy...

"I just got off the phone with Bart Jacobs nailing down some details about this next event. He said that he was out getting some seat time in the buggy last week when the diffs starting making noise. Well, he finished the day and when he got back to the shop to tweak some things he took off the covers and found that the shop who built the buggy, forgot to put gear oil in the diffs! Bart has competed almost the entire season without any fluid in the differentials! And your product has held up. He filled them and will run Vernal with them. Let’s hope it all good.
J.J"

Last edited:
87manche said:
if they're made in Italy they'll go WOP WOP WOP down the road :D

yeah well I heard thats better then chang chang chang... :paperwork

87manche said:
if they're made in Italy they'll go WOP WOP WOP down the road :D
LOL

ROBERTK said:
Well I need soem 4.88's for my 8.8 axle and local I can find a good deal on Motive performance line gears. Anyone run them? I was told by the shop that they are Italy made gears. That would make me believe the same manufacture as Yukon premium, precission, ect.

Any experiences out there?

PS.. I read this on a website about a UROC competitor in regards to a motive gear set up buggy...

"I just got off the phone with Bart Jacobs nailing down some details about this next event. He said that he was out getting some seat time in the buggy last week when the diffs starting making noise. Well, he finished the day and when he got back to the shop to tweak some things he took off the covers and found that the shop who built the buggy, forgot to put gear oil in the diffs! Bart has competed almost the entire season without any fluid in the differentials! And your product has held up. He filled them and will run Vernal with them. Let’s hope it all good.
J.J"
I have installed a zillion motive gears in mustangs and have had ZERO come backs, I have also been told that when Ford motorsports changed vendors on there gear sets a couple of years ago that motive was there new supplier.

I run motive 4.56's in my HP Dana 30. No problem so far...I've had them about 2.5 years.

Run Motive 4.56s in my front and rear....no complaints, mine are pretty quite too. Motive sne tme excellent instructions for when i installed mine.

Back