• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going clutchless..

89xjJe3per

NAXJA Forum User
So this is what started all my problems today with my stupid A/c. will have to wait tell tomorrow to install. but will do a good writeup with pics!
Picture227.jpg

-Justin

dont you hate when you start to install sompthing new and it creates a whole new problem..

That's cool what you are doing. Let me just share a note of caution with you: First, I have found that Hayden fans are unreliable and will fail when you most need them. Secondly, you must retain a shroud to have adequate cooling from an electric fan. I have extensive experience with using electric fans and would gladly help you set up your system to be reliable and effective. I don't sell anything, I have just been through the ringer with this type of setup and would like to help someone else avoid the mistakes I made.

markw said:
What do you think about dual stock style fans?
Do you mean dual electric stock fans? The electric fans in the jeeps do not move enough air. A stock fan from a Taurus is primo, but there are many stock application fans that have good air flow. The European cars tend to have really good fans. You truly get what you pay for in aftermarket fans. There are a couple of good brands but all of the fans you can get at Pep Boys etc are not reliable enough. The stock engine driven fan is actually the best at moving air. I changed mine because I couldn't stand the noise of it.

So i got it finally installed today and took it out for a run in the river bottom and MAN pinned in 4wd bogging in DEEP sand and no overheating F yes best investment yet! and about the hp/mpg gain i say just the mpg i mean yes the motor "gets up" faster but no HP gain there's just no heavy for it to turn anymore. I have a Q to i thought i hooked up the egntion part right but i guess not can someone inform me to where and color of the wire so that when it turn of jeep the fans go out to.... Thanks -Justin
here are some pics.. was going to do a write up but its TOO easy so no write up srys.:clap:
before
Picture229.jpg

Picture230.jpg

midst of getting ripped apart.. where i just cut the ac lines F it.
Picture231.jpg

Dont need this shat!!! :wstupid:
Picture232.jpg

the nice new gap.
Picture233.jpg

instaltion/fitment
Picture234.jpg

Picture235.jpg

Picture236.jpg

Whew all done!
Picture238.jpg

Anyone? "I have a Q to i thought i hooked up the egntion part right but i guess not can someone inform me to where and color of the wire so that when it turn off jeep the fans go out to.... Thanks -Justin"

89xjJe3per said:
Anyone? "I have a Q to i thought i hooked up the egntion part right but i guess not can someone inform me to where and color of the wire so that when it turn off jeep the fans go out to.... Thanks -Justin"
Go to your fuse block with a wire tester and find a wire that is only hot when your ignition is on. USE A RELAY, and trigger it with this wire. If you need help I will send you a diagram of a typical setup.

Oh . . . you said, clutchless. Nevermind

Back