• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

local source for heim's?

also, mckenzies in anaheim.

Another HB :D The HB and FV ones are perfect cause that's just down the street from me :D I"ll probalby go there tomorrow or Thursday and see what I can find ;)

I think G&J Aircraft in... Riverside... I got my last ones from Bonner at Kartec
F/K ... same size... greasable
I've always used Aurora greasable heims so this is the first go around for F/K.
Seals-it seals to help keep the dust away...
Curt

McMaster Carr is where I get mine....you can order them at 4:00PM and have them at your place the next day by regular ground shipping.

search part number 6960T51 and 6960T52 here

Dont forget the jamb nuts (mcmaster calls them thin hex nuts)

-Dan

Dan Turner said:
BTW, the heims on the Tie Rod dont need to be high misalignment ones...just the draglink.

-Dan
Yup, tirerod theoretically could be just a bushing of sorts as there is no flex side to side ;) But I'll keep things simple: heims it is ;)

I like the delivery within a day ;)

You can get a Hemi at your local DaimlerChrysler dealership in the form of a "crate motor."

Be prepared to seriously spend though! And I still think that's entirely too much power for you!

:D :D

PS- Yes, I know you said heim.

Kejtar said:
Yup, tirerod theoretically could be just a bushing of sorts as there is no flex side to side ;) But I'll keep things simple: heims it is ;)

I like the delivery within a day ;)

There is a small amount of misalignment that occurs at the tie rods. The balljoint inclination (angle of the imaginary line drawn through the upper and lower balljoints) makes the horizontal angle change throughout the range of steering. A standard heim is plenty though.

-Dan

Xtreme XJ said:
I think G&J Aircraft in... Riverside... I got my last ones from Bonner at Kartec
F/K ... same size... greasable
I've always used Aurora greasable heims so this is the first go around for F/K.
Seals-it seals to help keep the dust away...
Curt
Where is G&J aircraft located? I often use aviation parts to engineer things.

jeeperjohn said:
Where is G&J aircraft located? I often use aviation parts to engineer things.

Try here... sorry it's actually Ontario... the race team I used to race with got alot of their rodends here...
I've always gone with Aurora Bearing...

G & J Aircraft and Competition
1115 S. Sultana Ave.
Ontario, CA 91761

Phone #: (909) 986-6534
Fax #: (909) 984-5516

You can email us here: [email protected]

Curt

Back