• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrangler flares on an xj?

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
why do people do this?? i personally think they look rediculous and that its an insult to the obviously superior jeep model

opinions??

pictures would be nice too..........

Why do you want pictures of something you think looks ridiculous?

It doesn't look ridiculous if done right. I get compliments on my TJ flares almost every time I wheel.

well, i want pictures of set-ups, that people think look good..........gotta have 2 sides to a debate.........

I did them on mine for a few reasons:

- allows for a big wheel opening without retarded fender trimming
- much cheaper than bushwhackers
- much more durable than bushwhackers
- decent tire coverage

What's your alternative?

n24800499_31139706_1223.jpg

bluejeepkid said:
well, i want pictures of set-ups, that people think look good..........gotta have 2 sides to a debate.........

So what hear from this is that you attempted to put TJ flares on your jeep, did some bad fab work getting them on and they look horrible, so you tried to bash them. But on that attempt people told you that they do work and look good so now would like to see how other peoples look so you can fix it?:confused1

-Alex

now that doesnt look too bad.........but.............im just a die hard cherokee fan, that doesnt want anything to do with a wrangler or a cj

hahaha NO! i didnt put tj flares on my cherokee.............that will never happen

i wouldnt put any flares on. I would maybe do bushwackers but only on 35s and up, 33s arent THAT bad but any tire under 33s with a bushwacker over it is just plain retarded looking.

Like I said, legality is a big reason. I had the flares off my XJ for less than a week and got pulled over the first time I drove it more than 3 miles.

emr1101 said:
i wouldnt put any flares on. I would maybe do bushwackers but only on 35s and up, 33s arent THAT bad but any tire under 33s with a bushwacker over it is just plain retarded looking.

IMO wheeling with no flares sucks. You get stuff thrown at you all day long, especially if you've got any sort of width.

Bushwhackers have this crappy characteristic of shattering if you hit anything with even a small amount of momentum. TJ flares are much more pliable.

To the OP: what's your alternative then?

well I for one thinks its great you have an opinion and are not afraid to voice it no matter the consequences or the lack of open mindedness it entails...

I have TJ's on the front, 4" cut from the middle of them and fibreglassed back together with RockerGuard spray painted over... looks clean, but starting to be noticable after a few rubs on trees/rocks. YJ's in the rear, they fit like a glove and cover much more than stock. Not many know what they are from, or that they are not stock. Will post up picks when I can.

buggin ya on the first bit... to each his own.

fubar XJ said:
It doesn't look ridiculous if done right. I get compliments on my TJ flares almost every time I wheel.
Me too. I love my flares they keep me legal and as Vetteboy mentioned if you're looking out the window alot less crap is flying at your face. I prefer 4 rear TJ flare but to each their own. Here are some pics of mine

click to enlarge

jut got frt on for now, got another set lined up for the rear, whyd i choose TJ flairs, 1. caue they gave me the room to stuff 35's and 2. they were dirt cheap, the pair i curently got was for a sixer of Bud and the other set will be free

jeep_003.jpg

jeep_010b.JPG

krelja said:
Me too. I love my flares they keep me legal and as Vetteboy mentioned if you're looking out the window alot less crap is flying at your face. I prefer 4 rear TJ flare but to each their own. Here are some pics of mine

click to enlarge

Mine look almost exactly like that. My XJ is black too. I drove mine after the lift for about a week, then got pulled over and warned for having no flares or mud flaps. The flares and flaps were on within two days. My flaps are removable, the flares stay on all of the time.

I actually like the look better with well done TJ flares rather than flareless.

Back