• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are all AW4 NSS the same??? Anyone have one for cheap?

gone postal

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering b/c I've seen them listed as 84-96 and then 97-01, but they look exactly the same. Just want to make sure the wiring is the same. I had to rob my trail rig of its NSS to give to my cousin b/c hers literally broke into pieces and now the one on my DD is acting up (again). So, I was considering getting a new one for my DD (97) and then recleaning the old one and putting that on my trail rig (91).

UNLESS, someone has one for cheap that I could buy. If so, I'd just slap that onto my trail rig and just reclean my DD's.

On my '96 I simply wired a push button around the NSS. When it acts up, all I have to do is push the button to start my Jeep.

ehall said:
Your local junkyard probably sell you one for $50-75, or Team Cherokee sells new ones for less than $150

Yeah, local yards around here suck. Vehicles are just sitting in a dirt/broken glass mixture which when wet turns to mud and since the majority of them have flat tires, it's almost impossible to crawl underneath. I went out anyway about 2 months ago and the only XJ they had that still had a drivetrain was a manual tranny. The other yard won't even let you go into it, so you have to pay them to remove the part which just makes it cost prohibitive.

Back