• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replace Leaf Spring Bushing with Superflex Joint

C85D4x4

NAXJA Member #1311
I don’t know if it is possible, but I was just randomly thinking about it today. If a Leaf Spring bushing was replaced by some kind of Superflex Joint, would it help release some more flex, and eliminate the rotational or twisting force that the rubber bushing receives?

Now I don’t know if there is a Flex Joint out there that would work in this application, and being at work don’t have the time to search around.

Its probably been worked with b4, but its just something that popped into my crazy ass head.

Deaver has these things i think orbital bushings. I thought of this a while ago too, and have seen it i believe where you would build a shackle that incorporates one into the frame mount. That would be awsome.

Yep definately pricey. It looks like they would fit into the shackle end of the spring. I pretty sure that end is a 1.5" bushing like they list.

Hey this weekend at the APL fundraiser there was a red YJ that on the non-shackle side of the leaf spring there was a double sided hinge. It looked like it would do a similar thing because the leaf wouldn't bind up. I snapped a picture of it while he was on the small rock crawl.

Here is the jeep:
882633071307_0_BG.jpg

Chris

This was discussed at length so time ago. If you search you may be able to find it. I don't remember any of the specifics, but remember reading it....maybe a year ago (possibly not that long ago).

2000xjclassic said:
Hey this weekend at the APL fundraiser there was a red YJ that on the non-shackle side of the leaf spring there was a double sided hinge. It looked like it would do a similar thing because the leaf wouldn't bind up. I snapped a picture of it while he was on the small rock crawl.
Chris

Ill have to take a look at his rig next time I see him.

Jess said:
This was discussed at length so time ago. If you search you may be able to find it. I don't remember any of the specifics, but remember reading it....maybe a year ago (possibly not that long ago).

Yea I did a search B4 starting this but couldnt come up with anything with the time I had, perhaps it was lost in the great server failure.

The deaver baja bushing also need to be rebuilt fairly frequently ( from a race perspective) However, I dont think you really need them on an xj if your using deavers springs. I can max out my 12" travel shocks ( using 8" of droop on the shock) and still have a few more inches if I went with a longer shock.

Trouble said:
The deaver baja bushing also need to be rebuilt fairly frequently ( from a race perspective) However, I dont think you really need them on an xj if your using deavers springs. I can max out my 12" travel shocks ( using 8" of droop on the shock) and still have a few more inches if I went with a longer shock.

pics? :farmer:

Pics of what exactly? since ive never took any photos sicne they went on last friday.

Its a long flat thin leaf spring that rides great and gets rid of alot of sway. Definitely worth the money.

Trouble said:
Pics of what exactly? since ive never took any photos sicne they went on last friday.

Its a long flat thin leaf spring that rides great and gets rid of alot of sway. Definitely worth the money.

your shock setup. hopefully flexed.

They are bilstein 7100 12" SB in the stock locations.

Will be doing a bed cage and 14" 7100's later this month, just waiting on the shocks.

i own pg 2

they will fit with enought lift. im running a 6" long shackle and a 1.25" block. Just remember you have to run the 12" 7100 SHORT BODY.

Back