• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal problem.

loke

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and read several posts about turn signal issues, but can't find any that seems to describe my situation. I have a 92 with non-functioning turn signals. I have replaced the fuse, swapped the flashers (hazard is working) and replaced the switch inside the steering column. Is any of the fuses under the hood affecting the turn signals? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't have a meter available, but I'm picking one up today.

I hate electrical issues. :(

Electric stuff can be a pain. What helps is a forum like this, a good cheap volt meter that is rated computer safe, and some test leads.

Get out your screwdrivers, remove, and check the bulbs by firing them off the battery directly with the test leads.

Use the volt meter to check which wire leads are sending the signal to the bulb. Then check the ground wire path to make sure it can conduct electricity from the inside of the bulb holder. Jeeps are known to lose ground right in the holder where you can't see it. So, no complete electrical pathway. Electricity has to come from the turn signal stuff to the bulb, through the filament, and back out to the fenderwell ground screws, or no circuit.

Of course, if nothing is clicking or blinking, it may be that - the "blinker." It sometimes goes bad when it runs out of fluid. :rolleyes: Just replace it with a known good one to check that.

All electrical parts are non-returnable at most stores, but this stuff doesn't run much.

"I feel your pain" about the electric gremlins, but with some experience, it comes around. I just built and installed a headlight wiring harness for some Hellas, scienced out my mistakes, and enjoy them. It came from stuff like here and replacing both turn signal holders in front.

I just found out that my back up lights are out as well. Seems like they are sharing fuse, so I guess I can narrow it down to something around the fusebox.

Back