• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekends at Rausch Creek

Lynn

NAXJA Forum User
Once deer season is over after Jan 11th, we can be on the Rausch property both Saturdays and Sundays. Anyone interested in helping out with trail work, e-mail me. As long as the weather forecast isn't calling for snow over the weekends, I hope to get there at least one day each weekend. The park is presently covered with about 8-10 inches of snow, but there's plenty of projects underway that can be worked on in the snow. So if anyone's interested in some winter wheeling and getting some exercise, give me a holler. I'll usually know by Friday how the weather's shaping up and which day I'm going. Stock vehicles are welcome.

I'm interested... I just have to coordinate with the wife and her plans. Keep us posted.

Lynn, I know I haven't been very active in the trail cutting business recently, and unfortunately that's not likely to change until at least mid-February. I enjoy doing that kind of work, so keep us up to date on schedule and I will join you when I can.

This Saturday, the 18th, I'm meeting a few people at 10:00 a.m. at the motocross office. Chris W. and Mike G. said they'll be there. Anybody else is welcome to join along.

I'll be due south at Trails Rd doing a cleanup. Otherwise I'd be there.

Trails road is over crowded this weekend, so I'll be at the Rausch Creek work session. I can definitely be there by 10am.

That's great. The weather might not be too bad, 20 degrees by mid-day, but sunny and very little wind. I just now remembered to bring my chainsaw and gear in for the night so it's not all frozen overnight. Brrrrrrr. I just dropped off my XJ at a buddy's shop to have a SYE and 2 more inches of lift done. So I'll be driving the truck. :oops: I wanted you guys to see the rollcage, guess it will have to wait til the next time.

We got a lot of work done yesterday despite the snow and cold air. Pics are up at http://www.imageevent.com/tealj We widened a trail that was cut open by some SWB guys :wink: and blew open a quad trail that runs across a short ridge with rocks on either side.

Thank you Mike G., Mark S., and Chris W. I told Bruce about our day and he wanted me to convey his thanks to you as well.

Zandi had a great time... she slept the entire ride home! We look forward to more visits to Rausch Creek.

By now she should know the place well enough to become a guide.

Next time I think we should start on the mile long boulder field.

The boulder field will have to wait til the snow melts. I was there today hiking and even the locals haven't driven down the power line or the road. :lol:

We flagged a very long stock trail that runs above and beneath a hillside containing rocks (blue and black levels, with a bit of red here and there!). And these were not just a pile of nuisance rocks. We found a couple places that would make for great camping areas. There's a giant coal pile that has a large plateau with a pile of poser rocks on top of it. The coal pile is slanted at one end to allow for easy access to the top for stock vehicles, while modifieds can take a more vertical route. Will definitely make for excellent group picture taking.

weekend at rausch creek

Hi all,
I would like to help out trail building , when is the next trail building going to take place.

Marc S.

Let's try and pick a date that suits the most people. Feb. 8 is no good for me, but just about any other time is good.

Another club was out there today, we got a good start on the really long stock trail. There's pics at http://www.imageevent.com/tealj

This was a 50/50 day, we cut trail for half a day and then wheeled the afternoon.

Back