• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taillights for a 96

Jenns729

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching the forum, and maybe I missed the post, but can anyone give me a recommendation on where to shop for new taillights? I'm not really interested in building my own, but if I have to I will...

I just bought my 96, and would like to start working on it...

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Are you looking for the housing, or the electrical parts? Are you looking for stock, or something different? I got a stock passenger side housing for my '96 from Quadratec after I got rear-ended. It was reasonably cheap, and works just fine. The bottom mount was a complete hole instead of the necessary u-shape to fit over the permanent post that's there, but that didn't take long with a knife to fix. Being as much of a detail person as I am, I notice that they're not exactly identical in color, as far as the red goes, the one I got from Quadratec is just a little pale compared to stock, but that's because I notice those kind of things. Junkyard really is your best bet I'm sure, if you've got a good local one.

Go over to socal for sale, and ask if anyone has some farmer matt housings. They gave away tons of those at the raffles. Blank housings that you can put your own lights in. I did 2 oval LED trailer lights, gotta finish it up this week.

Jeep2500taillight.jpg

stock5.jpg

Wow! Thanks Everyone! That helps a lot!! :D
I think I'm gonna hit up a junkyard this weekend. Then call the shops you hall have suggested..

I would prefer something that looks a little more stock, but it really depends on the lights.

Back