• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i'm an idiot, please help, i need my jeep

AaronJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i went away from friday untill sunday,
this morning i woke up and was about to drive my brother to school and couldent find my keys, long story short, i left them in the ignition, it cranks, but i see no activity in any of the gauges, and the secound i stop accelerating, it dies, i tryed jumping it,got nothiung, i put it on the battery charger all day, still nothing, the battery is just around a month old, i really would appreciate any assistince, untill i get this worked out, im stuck driving my moms crossover vehical =X

Thats funny, I did the exact same thing this weekend! I was working on the jeep friday, left the keys in the ignition on, & went away for the weekend in the wifes car. Hopped in the jeep to go to work this morning & was completely dead. I was able to take the battery out of the wifes car and put it in the jeep to start it. Then once it was running I put the jeep battery back in and let in run for a while to charge.

First thing I always check is the connections, everywhere. Corroded battery terminals can prevent your battery from recharging or accepting a jump. Also clean the connections on the back of the alternator.

You only need the battery to start your jeep. Once started it runs off the alternator, but also charges the battery. If the alternator is working, the jeep will run without the battery even hooked up.

I do not recomend running a newer computerized jeep without a battery. You will be lucky 9 out of ten times but you could fry your computer or at least screw up the alternator and sending units if you are not lucky. (I am not lucky so I know this as fact). It was explained that the battery works kind of like a surge protector for the syatem. If the alternator spikes the over charge goes to the battery rather than poping a sensor.

Back