• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help with header cracks at collector

My headers have formed a 2 small cracks within the collector of the headers.
Its too tight a spot to try and MIG/TIG weld it.

I took to a buddy of mine that does TIG Welding and he advised that brazing would be the best bet to fix it. They are nice headers and I really don't want to replace them. Any one here in SoCal preferably in LA/OC area but I'll travel if need be.

Thanks
Scott

I don't have any experience with it, but I have read that some people use ThermoSteel to repair the cracks. Just wanted to through it out there as one possible option. Again, I haven't used this stuff myself, so I don't know if it's good or not.

thermosteel.jpg

Maz said:
I don't have any experience with it, but I have read that some people use ThermoSteel to repair the cracks. Just wanted to through it out there as one possible option. Again, I haven't used this stuff myself, so I don't know if it's good or not.

thermosteel.jpg

I'll check it out... Never heard of it before.

ScottyDog said:
Does it work? If so I'll be by in about 10 minutes.
its supposed to work really well ive got an old guy that comes in here who swears by it... i dont have that exact brand but its the same stuff pretty much.

GSequoia said:
You working more than just one day a week now Mike?
yea i finally got my full time hours back, 8-6 6 days a week... and still i can barely pay the rent and keep food on the table :bawl:

but at least i like what i do. :dunno:

Back