• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan heater blower not working

Devonjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Fan heater not blowing at all .
I need a digram of a 1997/1996 uk speck fuse box layout to find which fuse is missing. The box is under the steering wheel. anyone got any ideas

Devonjeep said:
Fan heater not blowing at all .
I need a digram of a 1997/1996 uk speck fuse box layout to find which fuse is missing. The box is under the steering wheel. anyone got any ideas

Which one is it, 96 or 97, that was the redesign year, 97 was the new design with the steel hatch and brake light up top, 96 the hatch was fiberglass.
If it is a 97+ look under the heater box for two screws, there is a resistor pack under there, usually when that goes you have only off and high speed. They can also take the switch out when they go.

On mine it was the motor that died and then the switch was bad as described (high or nothing), not a fuse. For the switch I had to buy new and I had a used motor. Could you give the motor a "jump" w/ battery power to make sure it's working first?

I don`t have a rear high brake light and it does sound a bit plastiky not sure really.
also the fan does not work at all not on any settings.

Thanks for the help I ll have a look at the resistor tonight have you got any photos to know what I am looking at I think mine is a 1996 but on a 97 plate

Devonjeep said:
I don`t have a rear high brake light and it does sound a bit plastiky not sure really.
also the fan does not work at all not on any settings.

Thanks for the help I ll have a look at the resistor tonight have you got any photos to know what I am looking at I think mine is a 1996 but on a 97 plate

I know the 97+ with the steel gate and high brake light, not the older ones, sorry, someone here will help better.

Back