• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad coil??

01sesedan

NAXJA Forum User
Still researching why the jeep just stopped running...

I thought it might be the crank position sensor but after some testing, it doesn't look like it might be the problem. After reading several post, some indicate that if the Crank Position Sensor is bad, you get no spark AND no fuel. Is this correct? If so, then it must be good. I get fuel and spark..

Next is the coil. I tested it according to the Chilton manual and it's within spec. Except for the low resistance step which indicates you should get zero or close to it. I do get a low reading... not too sure there.

The spark test. I removed number 3 plug and placed it close to the block, had someone crank it and I got an orange spark. After reading posts on this and other forums, many indicate that it's the coil failing.

As for fuel, while cranking, I press in the valve on the fuel rail and gas sprays out.

Your thoughts.

Thanks..

How low is low?

Check your grounds on the engine block to the firewall and the the battery.

Back