• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo light issue

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
On the rear cargo light we should be able to turn the interior overhead lights on and off with the rear light switch (with doors closed) and hatch up.

Lately i find the overhead lights only turn on and off with the doors being opened/closed and i have no control over turning them off with the rear light switch.

Does that indicate a bad switch in rear cargo light assembly? Electrical is not my strongsuit...

John B said:
On the rear cargo light we should be able to turn the interior overhead lights on and off with the rear light switch (with doors closed) and hatch up.

Lately i find the overhead lights only turn on and off with the doors being opened/closed and i have no control over turning them off with the rear light switch.

Does that indicate a bad switch in rear cargo light assembly? Electrical is not my strongsuit...
More than likely a bad switch. Pretty common problem I believe.

Back