• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lights do you have?

hella black ice HID's...................nice

ECKSJAY said:
Lightforce 170 with combo filters

Bright as hell and all high-impact plastic components don't rust. party1:

X2, Really like mine, filters for all occasions.

and when my one light lense cracked, while it still worked ok, I talked to the distributor and he sent me a brand new set... not one, not the broken piece, 2 new lights.

I think I may get some lower priced lights for on the bumper tho, until I can re-mount the LightForce 170's on a roof rack. They are very bright, and focusable, but for what I do, bashing through with expensive lights isn't a good idea.

Last edited:
spacomponents said:
What lights do you have, and do you like them?

I found these at http://www.fasthid.com/ and think they are cool because they can take fording a stream with out flooding:

http://www.fasthid.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FH1615spc

anyone?

Like mentioned above, those are knockoffs of the KC daylighters. FYI, KC stopped making the 150W Daylighters because the bulbs burn out too fast. Bosch knows it, but hasn't developed a longer lasting 150W bulb, so they recommend the 130W bulbs, since those are standard H3-type, last longer and easier to get replacements.

I run KC 130W Long Range Slimlites on my roof, IPF 968 55W lights on the bumper and KC 2x6 55W backup/floods on the roof. Headlights are IPF H4 housings with the IPF glow ring bulbs.

In terms of offroad aux lights, I know I'll take a little flak for this, but I'm a big fan of the Pro Comp lights. They're well priced and all of the parts are easily available should you break a lens something. Some of the higher priced lights shine brighter mainly because the reflecting surface behind the light got more engineering, and the glass too. However, most of the time you'll never notice any difference between really expensive ones and the pro comps. Does the spectrum of light and focus of the beam really matter that much for lights on your wheeling rig?? For some yes, for some no.

mjma said:
In terms of offroad aux lights, I know I'll take a little flak for this, but I'm a big fan of the Pro Comp lights. They're well priced and all of the parts are easily available should you break a lens something. Some of the higher priced lights shine brighter mainly because the reflecting surface behind the light got more engineering, and the glass too. However, most of the time you'll never notice any difference between really expensive ones and the pro comps. Does the spectrum of light and focus of the beam really matter that much for lights on your wheeling rig?? For some yes, for some no.
x2. i have 6 procomps. all 130 watt. 2 on the bumper and 4 for my rack. then silverstars for headlights

totally agree with that comment. where I drive a major hazard is deer, so I made sure I have lights that see a long ways away on open roads. when there are lots of trees close to the road, I can focus the LightForces so they are wide beam instead to show a lot of light at short distance.
but as above, I am looking for some lower priced lights that can show some good light for the trails to put on the bumper.

procomps, will look into them.

My hellas have been under water alot. They never took on water. What I don't like about them is that the lens is glass and seems pretty easy to break. So I had only one on my bumper, which I took off and do miss the light output of them.

Clean-RC said:
They look like the Chinese made KC daylighters... As far as lights go.. You get what you pay for.. I personally have Hella's..

x10 on the Hellas......awesome lights!

Especially with HID kits in them.

spacomponents said:
What lights do you have, and do you like them?

I found these at http://www.fasthid.com/ and think they are cool because they can take fording a stream with out flooding:

http://www.fasthid.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FH1615spc

anyone?

Those lights look ok. The part about "sealed and able to work underwater" is a worthless sales pitch though. Just about every auxilary light these days is sealed and will work under water. The problem with auxilary lights and water is that they will crack when the cold water meets the hot lamp, then they will leak. All high wattage lamps can do that, even the expensive ones.

Kmart $19.95 specials. I don't know who made them.Are they water proof? I generally don't even leave then out in the rain.
Replace parts. Just go to any Kmart or wall mart etc with 30 bucks and get a new set. All the replacement parts you will ever need.
Lights are not much to speck of. But at 15 MPH my avg offing speed. They put out all the light I need.

the hella 500s on my bumper have taken a huge beating. one of them is missing a huge piece of glass, has gotten soaked, and still works.

in terms of lights, hellas are the best bang for your buck, IPFs are great if ya wanna spend some coin and get an even better lamp, but the creme de la creme is lightforce.

I have the hella 500s and the checker hids. The checker hids with the coupon online came to a total of something like $180 with tax so I like them.

DSC00795.jpg

Back