• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Awesome!

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
This dude contacted me on youtube. He has rear coils, and I wanted to see the setup. He set me this of the front. Too funny.

1 for the scary steering page:
2558410691_b3e4b4a8ef_b.jpg

more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedashg/sets/72157605488240973/

I think the big blue tie rod is a skid that's attached to the axle. Cool idea, but I think I would have made it a bit smaller. :D

that cant be real

I dunno, -I kinda like it. The only thing that really stands out as being "iffy" is that wicked z-bend in the drag link.

If the bends were made out closer to the ends, they wouldn't have to be so sharp.

I kinda like the tie-rod skid-tube, -that's thinking outside the box, -and it surely looks like it'll work.

The drag link is hokey.

hahaha...wow.

at least it's shiny...

i know it was real but WHY? unless he plans on running into rock going 20 i dont think it will bend. but i think its stupid

most likely a 9"

Smittty9785 said:
most likely a 9"
Nope, it's a Toy rear. Compare the third members from the flicker account to this pic:
3rds.jpg

It's the third member on the left.

Nine inch axles don't have drain plugs or drive flanges (unless custom). ;)

i just guessed 9" from barley seeing the bolts for the 3rd member. you get a tiny glimpse of the damn rear. good eye man.

ratman572 said:
I dunno, -I kinda like it. The only thing that really stands out as being "iffy" is that wicked z-bend in the drag link.

If the bends were made out closer to the ends, they wouldn't have to be so sharp.

I kinda like the tie-rod skid-tube, -that's thinking outside the box, -and it surely looks like it'll work.

The drag link is hokey.

Yeah, the drag link is the only major thing. I admire the outside the box thinking on the tie rod skid. And if you check out the other pics, he was smart enough to plate the unibody to heck for his long arms.

For the questions regarding what axles and arms he is using, he says:

"Axle is Nissan Patrol 160, front arms is range rover, back arms is domestic production Panhards rod was compensation triangle,suspension pitch spring, front inhibitor Exploler, back inhibitor are Avia but now i have jeep cherokee inhibitor becouse Avia inhibitor did babble, and steering is modification !! Tires 33x12,5"

I think he lives in Russia or something? I don't know what inhibtors are? Shocks?

oh russia. that explains it all

I agree that the only thing wrong with that setup is the drag link (and the color).
His trackbar and TB mounts seem beefy enough, nothing wrong with a radius arm setup, the TB and drag link are parallel, the tierod skid seems like a decent enough idea.
BUT that drag link is alittle suspect. It is braced but still????
The steering stabilizers seems alittle wacky also.

he probely spent the same amout of money and time trussing the drag link and the reinforced TR skid, he could have bought a hysteer kit or a 1 ton TR

Smittty9785 said:
he probely spent the same amout of money and time trussing the drag link and the reinforced TR skid, he could have bought a hysteer kit or a 1 ton TR
Dont be so sure. Mike said he is in Russia or someplace like that. Probably not easy to get XJ aftermarket parts wherever he is.

Ask him where he is. Wild and different, but it looks like it works.

At least the z-link is the drag link and not trackbar.

Back