• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar rubbing

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
So I've got the RE 4.5" with a 2" coil spacer in the front and bastard pack in the back. Rough Country control arm drop brackets, RE adjustable track bar, and soon to install the RE1665 track bar drop bracket. Now the reason why I'm installing the drop bracket for the track bar is because my track bar is making really shitty noises up in the front end from the track bar mount location, and I'm pretty sure its how they have the trackbar mounted to the original bracket. Just recently I pulled the track bar out to lube the hyme joint and other areas and noticed that the track bar was actually contacting the the axle bracket just about 2" away from the axle mount... I would assume that my axle is wrapped too far forward then... right? Anyone else had this problem?

I got the same trackbar and drop bracket, where the trackbar bolts to the axle at the bottom there was a small metal flange that stuck out and was rubbing on the trackbar, scratched it down to the metal. I pryed it out a lil bit just so it didnt rub. Didnt seem to hurt anything

Back